Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:19 am
Location: Hanover, Pennsylvania
|Communicating on a message board is different from a face-to-face conversation. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words.
Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post.
You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.
When using the McMillen & Wife message board, you agree that you will not post any of the following material:
• Any communication that is intended to intimidate, harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten, abuse, defame or cause embarrassment to a fellow Steelers fan, including name-calling and personal insults.
• Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
• Excessive profanity.
• Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent images.
• Material that disrupts the discussion such as (but not limited to) repeatedly posting unwelcome off-topic messages, posting under usernames that are offensive, etc.
• Selling tickets and/or parking passes at more than twice face value is prohibited on this board. Tickets sellers MUST include their final asking price (per seat or package total) as well as the section, row and seat number for each available seat. This is not e-bay... bidding wars will not be allowed.
Messages that violate these guidelines are subject to deletion and banning. McMillen and Wife reserves the right to deem other posts inappropriate that do not fall into any of the above categories at their own discretion.
[Note to fans of other teams who choose to post on Mac & Wife: Posting here means you agree by default to abide by the above guidelines. Please note that only STEELERS fans will be afforded protection under said guidelines. In other words, post at your own risk.]
Note regarding political discussions: While political debates and discussions will continue to be allowed (and even encouraged) on our site, there are limits to what we will tolerate. Inappropriate language, name-calling, hateful propaganda, lengthy cut-and-paste posts, and any material intended to defame candidates, their families or their supporters -- regardless of party affiliation -- will be summarily deleted. Post "flooding" (repeated threads of political nature in rapid succession, particularly by the same user) will also be eliminated. Repeat offenders will be subject to permanent banning from this board.http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/conduct.html
"We will be tested with this set of circumstances. It's going to be a defining moment of this football team."
~ Bill Cowher